You can now play Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Game Gear games on your iOS device. This tutorial will show you how to install the SNES and Sega emulator and download ROMS to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. The emulator will work on iOS 6 and up (including iOS 8.1.1).
Install SNES & Sega Emulator to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without Jailbreak
You can skip steps 1 & 2 if you are on iOS 8.1+
1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time > Turn Set Automatically Off
2. Change the date to August 1st
3. Go to the following link and download Provenance
4. Press Install
Provenance is now installed on your device. An Untrusted Developer warning will pop-up when first launching the app. Simply press Trust.
Adding Roms to Provenance
You are only allowed to download ROMS of copies of games that you physically own.
1. Open Safari and navigate to your favorite ROM site (we recommend CoolRom.com)
2. Download a SNES or Sega ROM
3. Press Open in… and Open in Provenance
4. The game will now be available in Provenance