Learn how to install PPSSPP, a PSP emulator, to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch without a jailbreak. PPSSPP allows iOS users the ability to play PSP games such as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, and more on their Apple phone or tablet. PPSSPP will work on Apple devices with iOS 7 and up (works on 8.1.1).
Install PSP Emulator to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without Jailbreak
1. Download PPSSPP:
2. Press ‘Install’
PPSSPP is now installed on your device. An Untrusted Developer warning will pop-up when first launching the app. Press Trust.
How-to Add Games to PPSSPP for iOS
You may only download ROMS of games you physically own. Please abide by the legal laws of your country.
1. On your computer, download and install iFunbox:
2. Download PSP ROM from your favorite ROM site – The emulator will only run .ISO files (you may need to unzip the file to access the .ISO file)
3. Connect device to computer and open iFunbox
4. Expand App File Sharing and double-click on PPSSPP
5. Drag and drop the ISO file to PPSSPP
The game will now be available in PPSSPP under the Games tab
Please note that some games do not run or run well in the PSP emulator.