Learn how to install a Nintendo DS emulator onto your iOS device so you can play Pokemon, Mario Kart DS, Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars, and more on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. The installation does not require you to jailbreak your device; you can simply download and install! The emulator works for Apple devices running iOS 6 and up (including iOS 8.1.1).
Install NDS Emulator to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without Jailbreak
You can skip steps 1 & 2 if you are on iOS 8.1+
1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time > Turn Set Automatically Off
2. Roll back the date to August 1st, 2014
3. Press on the following link and click on the green box to download NDS4iOS
4. Press Install
NDS4iOS is now installed on your device. An Untrusted Developer warning will pop-up when first launching the app. Simply press Trust.
Adding Roms to NDS4iOS
Note: You are only allowed to download ROMS of copies of games that you physically own.
1. In Safari, navigate to your favorite ROM site (we recommend CoolRom.com)
2. Download a Nintendo DS ROM (NDS ROMS are bigger files, so after clicking the download button you may need to wait a bit)
3. After the download is finished, press Open in… and then Open in NDS4iOS
The game will now appear in NDS4iOS.
Please note that some games do not work on the emulator. If the ROM does not get added to NDS4iOS, please try another game.