GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Advance emulator for iOS devices including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. The app will run on iOS version 6+ (including iOS 8). You can now download and play your favorite Gameboy games, such as Pokemon Emerald, The Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Super Mario Advance 2, and more on your iOS device.
The tutorial will show you how to download the GBA emulator onto your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch and also how to download ROMS to the iOS GBA emulator.
Install GBA Emulator to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without Jailbreak
You can skip steps 1 & 2 if you are on iOS 8.1+
1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time > Turn Set Automatically Off
2. Change the date to August 1st
3. Go to the following link to download GBA4iOS
4. Press Install
GBA4iOS is now installed on your device. An Untrusted Developer warning will pop-up when first launching the app. Simply press Trust.
Adding Roms to GBA4iOS
You are only allowed to download ROMS of copies of games that you physically own.
1. Open GBA4iOS and go to Settings (Gears icon on the left)
2. Go to Homepage
3. Check Custom and add coolrom.com to the Custom Homepage field
4. Return to main menu and go to search (Magnify glass icon on the right)
5. The CoolROM.com page will load. Search for ROMS under ROM Files section (Gameboy Advance & Gameboy Color)
6. After finding a ROM press the Download Now button to download game
7. Press Save to save game name
8. The game will now appear in the main menu. Simply press the game title to launch the game
It has been reported that some iOS versions are unable to download GBA4iOS. Please check back as we receive more updates.